Friday, January 17, 2014

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: Book Review

I think we all have gone through stages in life where we are merely trying to survive.  I especially experienced this feeling over the past year in my first year as a stay at home mom.  I mean, the fact that I had planned on writing a blog post titled, How I Survived my First Year as a Stay at Home Mom is a pretty tell-tale sign, don't you think?  But lo and behold, the Good Lord intervened once again when I asked for His help, and made me a member of Crystal Paine's launch team for Say Goodbye to Survival Mode.  Trust me when I say that reading a copy of the book was only the start of my launch team duties.  For the past few months, I have had the privilege of not only interacting with Crystal, but also so many wonderful people within the launch team.  I have found so much peace and comfort throughout this process, and especially within the book, so it is my honor to share this book review with you!

She gets right to the point by telling you to stop trying to do it all.  Crystal paints such a vivid picture of that moment when this truth hit home, and follows it up by saying...

"I wanted to run away from it all.  I was exhausted.  I was stressed to the max.  I felt stuck.  I desperately fought the urge to yell, throw something, and cry-all at the same time."

Sound familiar??  It was time to make some changes, and luckily for you and me, we can learn from her escape through each and every chapter.  Overcoming challenges such as job losses and low income, and a subsequent suffering marriage allows readers to relate as if you are discussing the topics over coffee at playgroup. 

She gives her best stuff, by suggesting to create a "Best Stuff" list, as well as a "Personal Priorities" list.  Which helps us to see what is most important, and allows us to only say "yes" to the things that matter most.  And her "15 minutes per day" approach to reaching your goals has been life changing.  Imagine having a basement that has been ransacked by two toddler boys and a goal to get it organized.  I felt completely overwhelmed until reading the goals chapter, and realized that just 15 minutes each day could have a huge impact.  Not just an impact on achieving the goal, but on my sanity as I attempt to accomplish that goal.

Even though she is known for sharing deals and money saving tips on moneysavingmom.com, there is so much more to the book than that.  You'll find everything from how to cut out "time and energy suckers" to how to get out of the "comparison game."  And although most view her as an expert, it is comforting and reassuring that she is admits she's not perfect, reminding us that no wife and mother is.  
"Have I become Superwoman?  No, not in the least.  I've just learned a lot of tricks to running a home efficiently.  And I've become a lot more adept at multitasking, juggling, and delegating."

Crystal sums it all up beautifully in the final chapter of  How to Kick Start your Success, leaving you with the tools and resources you need to take tackle your goals and "restore your passion for life." 
After reading this book, Crystal has inspired me to be a better wife, mother, and Christian in so many ways.  I have focused more time on what matters most, and have seen drastic results.  And I know you will too!

So get your copy using the link below and let's Say Goodbye to Survival Mode together!!    



http://moneysavingmom.com/survival-mode/buy-the-book/
    








No comments:

Post a Comment